Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Not My Shoes...

Even though she is two, she still has some puppy behavior (aka bad behavior) that we haven't been able to break. It's true...and I hate to admit it...Petunia likes shoes! In fact, she loves them! She thinks it's fun to barge into my closet when I open it and immediately grab my shoes or slippers. I suppose she thinks it's funny. She shows it off, carrying it by her mouth, and runs around the house. Down the stairs, onto the couch and then quickly runs circles as I chase after her. She sure knows how to make a game out it.

This love for shoes has resulted in about a dozen pairs that have been totally destroyed. Not just mine...Mr's too. But recently she's been most interested in mine. She can chew the strap off a sandal in record time. We try to keep our shoes out of her reach but she has a way around it. For example, after a long, hard day you sit down on the coach to relax and watch a little TV. This is Petunia's prime time. Within minutes of leaving your shoes unoccupied she grabs them quicker than you can react and starts chewing. Within minutes they are usually chewed, broken or totally destroyed.

Fortunately, we have learned we cannot leave shoes out around the house or else...

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oh dear petunia...not the shoes....yaya loves the shoes!!!!! :):):)but i love you more:)

    ReplyDelete