1. Motorola Video Baby Monitor. Once you begin having your little one sleep in their own room this becomes a must have. We are so grateful that we received this as a baby shower gift. We love the super clear video that this monitor features. It even works good in a dark room. It's reassuring and fun to watch!
2. Fisher-Price My Little SnugaBunny Cradle 'n Swing. We set the swing up when Akayla was first born. Surprisingly she almost always cried when we put her in it. I'm glad we didn't give up on it though because once she hit about 2 months old she absolutely loved it! She would nap in the swing and could literally sit in it, content as can be, for over an hour. Again this was another shower gift we were thankful to have received. It truly provided tons of entertainment and still does!
3. Smart Noggin' Rattle. I stumbled upon this rattle at my favorite toy store in San Diego. It's been ranked a top toy and I can see why. This rattle has it all...perfect size for an infant, fun colors, textures and shapes and...the best part...it has a mirror on one end and lights on the other. This was the first rattle Akayla held.
4. Burt's Bees Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment. This has become my favorite Burt Bee's product. I use this as a daily ointment after diaper changes and on other dry skin spots. The ingredients are 100% natural and includes coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter. It also has a great, light scent. I totally recommend this product!
5. Infantino Baby Girl Animals - Twist & Fold Gym. This play mat has provided Akayla with hours of entertainment. We swap out the toys and move the mirror around and our sweet baby girl just can't get enough of it. She loves tummy time on this mat and began rolling over on it. Another plus is that it folds up and is super light weight...which makes it great for travel.
6. Night Light. Regardless of what kind you get, a nightlight is a must have when you have an infant.
7. Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Bouncer. We started using this when Akayla was a newborn and still use it to this day. As a newborn she would take naps in this and it now provides a safe, secure place for her to sit and watch as I get ready for work. It is battery operated but the batteries have lasted a surprisingly long time. She love the seat vibrations and mobile.
What were your baby must haves? Any special recommendations for the 4-6 month age range?