Thursday, October 31, 2013

An Extra Day of Halloween Fun...

Well...I can't believe it...we get an extra day of Halloween. Yes, here in the Indianapolis 'burbs and surrounding areas, trick or treating will happen on November 1st! A late fall storm has caused a ton of rain and wind and, because of this, they are postponing trick or treating.

While driving to the store today I thought to myself...gosh if Akayla was of age to trick or treat I think I would somehow convince her to stay at home and help pass out candy. In return for forfeiting her night of treats, I would promise her all of the leftover candy that didn't get used (which...on a rainy night...I would have to assume not many kids would be out...so this could result in a boatload of candy!). Do you think she would go for it?? The thought of trick or treating in the rain would really be no fun, would it??

Little did I know at that time, they had already postponed trick or treating in most communities in our area because of the weather. I had no idea they would do such a thing. I definitely think it's best but what do the children think?? Can they stand to wait another day to get their candy fix?? Having grown up in Michigan I am no stranger to bad weather, in fact, I can even remember years when it snowed on Halloween. I honestly can't remember if trick or treating was ever postponed though.

Nevertheless we will enjoy our extra day of Halloween here...

Tomorrow we will be dressed in costume and ready to greet the neighborhood kids. Happy Halloween!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment