Monday, February 18, 2013

Highlights from our San Fran Trip...

I started this Blog as a way to document our life with our amazing Doodle, Petunia, but, since I've become pregnant, I've realized I want to share more. Mainly because we live 2,500 miles away from our family and childhood friends, and we often get asked to see pictures from trips and events in our lives. I figure these requests will grow increasingly more as our family grows and there are even more milestones and happenings in our lives. We are happy to share and love the opportunity to document our story.

Well...since it will be another week before I post my next pregnancy pictures I thought I would spend a few minutes posting a few pictures from our recent trip to San Francisco. For some reason, after sorting through all of the pictures, I noticed that we are missing a few...makes me wonder if one of us accidentally deleted pictures or worse, something is wrong with my camera. My guess is that we accidentally deleted a few of the pictures...and isn't it just our luck that they happen to be two in particular that I liked and specifically remember taking...1 on the cable car and 1 near the bridge...such a bummer...but life goes on. :)

We stayed at the beautiful and historic Fairmont hotel. I wish I would have taken pictures inside the hotel. It had so much history. My mother-in-law would have loved the history in this hotel...it opened in 1907. Here are pictures from the hotels website http://www.fairmont.com/san-francisco/



Much to our surprise, when we checked in they said they could upgrade our room for free. Really?!?! We were upgraded to a tower room...when we walked into our room we saw this beautiful view...

The Golden Gate Bridge in the Distance
Alcatraz Island
We think this is Nob Hill....
The Coit Tower...we walked to this and took the elevator to the top.

Here are some of the pictures we took around town...

Waterfall at Golden Gate Park
What a view of the city...we were thankful to have beautiful weather while we were there....it was clear and warm everyday.
Mr. in front of the infamous Jerry Garcia house in Haight-Ashbury.
At the painted ladies...Full House anyone???
The iconic Golden Gate Bridge
Fisherman's Wharf...Loved the Clam Chowder Soup and Bread Bowls.
Near Ghirardelli Square...notice Buena Vista in the background...they are known for their Irish Coffee...and you can see the Cable Car too!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i love these pictures...the hotel...beautiful...i would love to go there someday...and the pics of you and the mr. love even more...lovely

    ReplyDelete