Saturday, March 31, 2012

Puppy Time

Mr. and I had looked at Doodles online for months. We had a neighbor that had a big, curly brownish red Goldendoodle that melted my heart. I had never seen such a cute "big" dog before. I thought to myself...this is it!...I can get the cute cuddly dog I want but yet still meet Mr.'s want of a big dog. I looked at Doodles online often and once I realized what they were, I began seeing them more and more. When we finally got serious about getting a dog I was sad that we couldn't find a doodle to adopt or rescue. It is very rare to find one at the shelter or humane society.

After the unfortunate outcome with Sheeba, I had a little more persuasion with Mr. because Doodles are typically hypo-allergenic...which he clearly needed. While I had been sold on them for awhile, he still had some hesitation. I think in his mind he thought he would be giving in to a "girlie" dog if we agreed on a Doodle. A dog he would be embarrassed to be seen with. After spending a few days online searching, we found two local breeders with Doodles in the area. We were pretty set on getting a female and I really wanted to find one with a curly coat.

We contacted two breeders, one with a curly black puppy that would grow to be medium size and one with a cream coat that would grow to be the size of a standard poodle. Pictures of both looked cute but I was drawn to the cream one and the Breeder seemed more reputable. We set up a date to meet the dog. When we arrived at the Breeders house and saw the incredibly ADORABLE puppies running around I knew I wouldn't leave without one. They were about 12 weeks old and ready for a new home. There was 1 girl left with a curly coat, her name was Celeste and she was perfect. She was so cute and had a great personality. About an hour later we left with her and she became "our" dog. One our way home we stopped at the pet store, signed her up for Puppy Class and got her groomed. I didn't even recognize her after she was bathed and fluffed. Boy was she cute! We also spent the day discussing a new name...Celeste didn't suit her well. After a short period of time Mr. suggested Petunia. I liked it! It's crazy to think that was almost 2 years ago to the day...

Here are some pictures of her first week at home...

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment