Monday, April 9, 2012

Opening Day...

Opening Day...the start of the 2012 season.

Well...I'm a little late...but at least I can say Opening Week! When I think about Open Day...or in this case Opening Week...I think of Spring. The start of a new baseball season. Flowers blooming...sunny blue skies...and warm weather!

Mr. and I were fortunate to get to go to the Padres game on Friday night...not Opening Day...but Opening Week...the second game but the first night game of the 2012 season.

Mr. likes baseball...not as much as football...but he likes it alot.

Mr. and I got to the ballpark early and I spotted a booth giving out free stuff from afar. As we got closer I realized it was the Budweiser girls but they had this fun wheel that you could spin to win free Padres stuff...shirts, hats, towels, etc. There were about a dozen people in line...which didn't seem to bad. I wanted to give it a spin. Mr. didn't want to...but after a little persuading and begging...he agreed. :) The line moved quickly and before we knew it we were up to bat...I mean spin. I went first. My first spin I got a strike...yikes...if I got two more of those I'd be out...without a prize. Thankfully that didn't happen but on my second spin I got...drum roll please...a koozie. A beer koozie!?! This wasn't the shirt or hat that I was hoping for...what a disappointment.

I was so distracted by my disappointment and the Budweiser girl handing me a $2 off Budweiser coupon, that I forgot Mr. was behind me spinning his luck. By the time I could even look over he already had a shirt in his hand. He had won a shirt! I was so excited for him. However...my excitement quickly deflated. First...they must have assumed everyone is "one size fits all" because you didn't get to pick your size...they handed everyone a size L. I thought to myself...that's okay...it might be a little snug on Mr. but I could wear it. Second...after getting past the one size fits all...I mean Large...I held the shirt up and my mouth dropped. This was one of the most hideous t-shirts. It was white with a baseball and big Budweiser logo across the middle. What a disappointment.

Before long I realized I had a plan...a plan that immediately made me smile. This "shirt" could be Petunia's souvenir! She would love it! The game, unfortunately, was a blow out...but I was excited to give Petunia her new shirt.

Here is Petunia showing off her new shirt, along with the baseball toy I found for her this weekend at the grocery store. She is all set for baseball season!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this Erica, and I love it!!! Love hearing about your life with Shawn and Tunes:)<3 so sweet!! Love, Lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is a fan...just like mr. and mama...:)

    ReplyDelete